Welcome to Marlin Productions Ltd.
Training Materials for your Teaching and Learning Needs
Marlin is based in Birmingham, England and a produces range of DVD and paper-based support materials for students using our in-house, production facilities. These include our Anatomy and Physiology for Holistic Therapists Learning System, and our Indian Head Massage DVD.
You can purchase products in our online store, and find out about forthcoming projects.
Directing and Producing Custom DVDs
We are also open to commissions for almost all video and DVD based projects such as corporate training materials. Marlin is unusual for a new media company in that its directors are not only experienced filmmakers and technicians, but are also qualified postgraduate educationalists. They bring years of teaching experience into the design of multimedia projects to ensure that they are both educationally sound and enjoyable.
We have our own in-house editing suite running Final Cut Pro and Apple's production suite. Since this software is extensively used in the film industry (for example, Lord of the Rings) Marlin is able to offer hi-end features not available from many PC based production houses. Stuart Marshall, one of our directors, also lectures on filming, editing and DVD production at a local university!
Blue Screen Studio
We have access to a blue screen studio and can produce virtual sets to meet your needs. The Easy Self-Defence DVD was filmed in this blue screen studio using a virtual set created by Marlin Productions.
What Our Customers Say
Holistic Training Solutions (Stourbridge)
"By incorporating Marlin's Indian Head Massage DVD into our course we have been able to offer a distance learning course with just two weekend's contact. Our students have raved about the DVD which made the learning process far easier. We would not have been able to offer a course in this format without this DVD!"
Chris Smart, Partner HTS.
Ethical and Environmental Statement
Marlin Productions is an ethical company that tries to minimise its impact on the environment.
- We try to deal with other companies in the way we would like to be treated.
- We reduce environmental impact where we can, such as by sending communications by email, rather than post and having electronic samples available for download.
- We reuse and recycle wherever possible and use recycled stationery for our office printing.
- Our solid ink printer actually generates 95% less waste than traditional laser printers by spraying molten wax onto the paper.
- We are also currently looking into joining 1% for the planet.